The Advanced Pre-Clinical Review Program (APCRP) offers a unique combination of Board Review preparation and Clinical Experience. This is a great introduction to the American system that gives students a better understanding of clinical concepts learned in class and practical application in clinical scenarios.
The 16 week program consists of 2 different sets of activities – USMLE Step 1 Preparation & Advance Introduction to Clinical Medicine (AICM) Course.
USMLE Step 1 Prep Provided by Becker Professional Education:
- Comprehensive Live and Live Online Lectures provided by highly experienced faculty
- Access to GuideMD: Advanced Interactive Learning
- Basic Sciences taught as individual subjects; Clinical information via organ-based manner
- Updated USMLE-Focused Review Books
- Over 2,100 questions from QMD: Advanced USMLE® Question Bank
- Peer Medical Advising to develop an individual study plan
Advanced Introduction to Clinical Medicine (AICM):
- 3 week intensive workshops in various clinical techniques, radiology interpretations, Foley catheter, IV insertion, NG tube, air way managemnt and hospital procedure and guidelines
- 5 weeks of supervised Patient Encounters during rotations in a number of different departments including: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, OB/Gyn, Pediatric and Surgery
At the end of the sixteen weeks, a detailed evaluation and grade report are sent to each student’s medical school, which may acknowledge up to 16 weeks of credit.